It is apparent in every scene that the film maker loves Ranbir and you are tempted to fall in love with him. I didn’t like the title track much till I saw it on big screen. You can actually see the bass echoing in Ranbir’s face and expressions. Very intense. The movie has its moments and is peppered with beautiful dialogues. At one point Aishwarya says, “Tum samjhaoge to samajh jaaoongi, aur samajh gayi to bikhir jaoongi.” Such a simple line and yet it tells you that you have choice to not go through that emotional turmoil and stay on “hoping”. Hope, after all, is a terrible emotion.
Ae Dil Hai Mushkil is all about how heartbreak is important to get the creative juices flowing.
Having said that let me tell what stayed with me (in random order):
- Anushka’s styling. Me want those earrings and that stylist. Alia in a miss and blink appearance is also gorgeously styled.
- Bulleya–oh my!!
- Ranbir is oh-so-yumm but SRK rules! One brief scene and it shows why the big screen loves a super star. The quality of the movie changes in that one scene.
- Anushka is oh-so-wholesome and can totally pull off anything. Alizeh will be close to my heart for a long time.
- Why do they make Aishwarya wear expressions like clothes and make her strike poses in scenes? Wouldn’t it be easier for her to just be the character instead of reminding the world that she is beautiful every time? Remember Rain coat people?
- I sooo wish someone would cast Ranbir in a movie that exploits his potential. He can do anything but Barfi and Rocket Singh ke baad what next?
Bas that is it. But yes go watch the movie people. And laugh and cry. But more laughter from KJo this time and whoever wrote the dialogues is brilliant!